Sunday, November 25, 2007

Saudi women stifled by stringent restrictions

So in the view of the kingdom's conservative society, the young rape victim broke the first of a string of cardinal rules and sinned by being in the physical presence of a male who is not a directly-related relative.

In Saudi Arabia, a male guardian, who could be the woman's grandfather, father, uncle, husband, son or brother, literally controls her life.

Women must be covered from head to toe, hiding their shapes thanks to a loose-fitting black "abaya" gown, and most of them wear as well a "hijab" veil over the heads and a "niqab" mask concealing the faces, except for the eyes.
[Full Story]

To sisters who are wearing niqab, are you happy wearing it ?

About Me

My photo
I wear a veil (niqab) whenever the situation permitted me to do so. I will only take off my niqab when I really have no choice. There are many controversy regarding wearing niqab in public places. I created this blog to collect niqab related stories, experience, photos...etc. I wanted to know more how other Muslim women who are wearing niqab adapt to today's world, especially those sisters in Western countries. Sometimes, I will quote a few sentences from or take a photo from website or blog that I find interesting. If you find your site contents in this blog and felt offended, please kindly drop me an email, I will remove it from my blog immediately.