Monday, November 5, 2007

Face veil widely accepted in the UAE

Shaikha Ahmad, a 26-year-old housewife from the UAE, says her face veil does not restrict her from being an active part of society in the UAE. She has a degree in Arabic and Islamic studies. "I took up the niqab at 18 out of choice.

"People who judge the face veil hardly ever see it from the perspective of those who wear it,"

[Full Story]

To sisters who are wearing niqab, are you happy wearing it ?

About Me

My photo
I wear a veil (niqab) whenever the situation permitted me to do so. I will only take off my niqab when I really have no choice. There are many controversy regarding wearing niqab in public places. I created this blog to collect niqab related stories, experience, photos...etc. I wanted to know more how other Muslim women who are wearing niqab adapt to today's world, especially those sisters in Western countries. Sometimes, I will quote a few sentences from or take a photo from website or blog that I find interesting. If you find your site contents in this blog and felt offended, please kindly drop me an email, I will remove it from my blog immediately.