Friday, October 17, 2008

Egyptian women behind the niqab

A cultural import from the Persian Gulf, the Niqab veil covers a woman's entire face. In a bid to curb its spread, Egyptian authorities have banned hospital staff from wearing it, after a failed attempt at a ban in universities.

France 24: Egyptian women behind the niqab - 2008-06-19

To sisters who are wearing niqab, are you happy wearing it ?

About Me

My photo
I wear a veil (niqab) whenever the situation permitted me to do so. I will only take off my niqab when I really have no choice. There are many controversy regarding wearing niqab in public places. I created this blog to collect niqab related stories, experience, photos...etc. I wanted to know more how other Muslim women who are wearing niqab adapt to today's world, especially those sisters in Western countries. Sometimes, I will quote a few sentences from or take a photo from website or blog that I find interesting. If you find your site contents in this blog and felt offended, please kindly drop me an email, I will remove it from my blog immediately.