Saturday, May 24, 2008

Ask men to wear veil if they like it so much

Martini Devlin has published an article titled 'If Muslim men like the veil so much, let them wear it'. Martini suggested that men also should be covered up to show gender equality to today society.
[Full Article]

While westerners always argue that Muslim women who cover up are deprived from human rights and not treated equally, but many muslim women don't think so. Muslim women are willing, happy and proud to wear the hijab.

Anyway, ask men to wear to veil is a good suggestion to let them experience the feeling of cover up. It is not an Islam teaching to ask men to be covered up, but it is good for men to experience someting they like but never try before. Women can do it, there is no reason why men cannot do it.

To sisters who are wearing niqab, are you happy wearing it ?

About Me

My photo
I wear a veil (niqab) whenever the situation permitted me to do so. I will only take off my niqab when I really have no choice. There are many controversy regarding wearing niqab in public places. I created this blog to collect niqab related stories, experience, photos...etc. I wanted to know more how other Muslim women who are wearing niqab adapt to today's world, especially those sisters in Western countries. Sometimes, I will quote a few sentences from or take a photo from website or blog that I find interesting. If you find your site contents in this blog and felt offended, please kindly drop me an email, I will remove it from my blog immediately.