Saturday, May 24, 2008

Secrets unveiled

Many Muslim women who wear niqab in Australia do it willingly and not forced to wear the niqab by thier husbands. They are born and grow in Australia. They are Australian. Is just they now converted to Islam and want to wear niqab. They are now abused not by their Muslim husband but by Australian.

The below few quotes from Umm Zainab, an Australian who converted to Islam and wear niqab:

"As soon as you walk down the street and turn the corner, you wait for the abuse," says Umm Zainab, the woman in Woolworths. "

"You get screamed at, you get spat at. They don't even think about the children, the fear and hatred is so great. "

"I don't have to worry about any of that. People have to take you for who you are, not for your body or your beauty. You're taken for who you are."

"How's that for double standards? It's a free country. But they're abusing me for wearing something they don't like."'

Read the Full Article

To sisters who are wearing niqab, are you happy wearing it ?

About Me

My photo
I wear a veil (niqab) whenever the situation permitted me to do so. I will only take off my niqab when I really have no choice. There are many controversy regarding wearing niqab in public places. I created this blog to collect niqab related stories, experience, photos...etc. I wanted to know more how other Muslim women who are wearing niqab adapt to today's world, especially those sisters in Western countries. Sometimes, I will quote a few sentences from or take a photo from website or blog that I find interesting. If you find your site contents in this blog and felt offended, please kindly drop me an email, I will remove it from my blog immediately.